Betterment is calculating this number for you this year. Please click here to be taken straight to the section of the comprehensive article that addresses this question.
Articles in this section
- What is foreign-sourced income? How do I calculate it?
- What is US Government interest income? How do I calculate it?
- How can I calculate my state-specific municipal bond ETF interest?
- Do I need to file the forms I’ve received from Betterment?
- How do taxes work with Betterment?
- Will I receive tax forms from Betterment?
- Where do I find my cost basis information or access my realized gains?
- How do I interpret the information on my 1099-DIV?
- Why are the dates shown for dividends on my Activity page different than the pay dates on my 1099-DIV?
- Why are the sales proceeds and/or cost basis so high on my 1099-B?