To create an additional account, you must be logged in to Betterment from a web browser. Click “add account” on the Summary page.
There you’ll find a list of available account types to choose from. There are no fees or minimums required for additional accounts.
Betterment supports the following account types:
- Roth IRA
- Traditional IRA
- individual taxable accounts
- joint taxable accounts with rights of survivorship
- SEP IRA (single participant only)
- trust accounts
Betterment does not support the following account types:
- 529 accounts
- custodial or minor accounts
- solo 401(k)s (for more information about our 401(k) plans, see Betterment for Business)
- self-directed accounts (you cannot select your own funds or specific stocks)
All customers must be at least 18 years of age.