Given that your recommended allocation is expected to change gradually over time, our system uses our rebalancing algorithm to help minimize the tax implications for your account. Learn more about how we adjust your allocation tax-efficiently here.
Articles in this section
- What’s the difference between having Betterment automatically adjust my allocation vs. following Betterment’s allocation advice myself?
- If I choose to automatically adjust my account allocation, how does it change Betterment's tax advice?
- Will my taxes be higher or lower by letting Betterment automatically adjust my allocation?
- How will I be notified when there are automatic adjustments to my account allocation?
- How often will my account allocation be automatically adjusted?
- How do I automatically adjust my allocation?
- How can I tell if my account is being automatically adjusted?
- Which Betterment accounts will be automatically adjusted?
- Which Betterment account allocations can be automatically adjusted?
- What does it mean to “auto-adjust” and how does it work?