Your eligible balance is the total value of all shares in your portfolio in taxable accounts that have gains and have been held for more than a year (long-term gains). We don’t currently enable donation of shares held for less than a year because the tax benefits are reduced. Read more here.
Articles in this section
- TurboTax is requesting cost basis for my donation I made through Charitable Giving. Where do I find that information?
- How do I report my charitable donation?
- Why should I consider donating shares to charity?
- How do I donate shares?
- When is the deadline for making a charitable contribution?
- How long do I have to hold shares to be able to donate them?
- Which charities can I donate to through Betterment?
- How do I get my receipt for my charitable donation?
- Why can't I donate to charity from Betterment’s mobile app?
- Why can’t I donate my short-term capital gains?