Yes, you can donate from any taxable investment account managed by Betterment, even one that is part of a Tax-Coordinated Portfolio, as long as it has long-term gains (held longer than one year).
Articles in this section
- TurboTax is requesting cost basis for my donation I made through Charitable Giving. Where do I find that information?
- How do I report my charitable donation?
- Why should I consider donating shares to charity?
- How do I donate shares?
- When is the deadline for making a charitable contribution?
- How long do I have to hold shares to be able to donate them?
- Which charities can I donate to through Betterment?
- How do I get my receipt for my charitable donation?
- Why can't I donate to charity from Betterment’s mobile app?
- Why can’t I donate my short-term capital gains?