SmartDeposit takes precautions to help protect against overdrafts. We require that you set a bank balance of at least $1,000 and will always send you emails at least 24 hours before any transaction so you can cancel or modify your SmartDeposit. However, you should consider all pending transactions that may not be reflected in your bank account.
Articles in this section
- What is SmartDeposit?
- What happens when I deposit money with Betterment?
- How does SmartDeposit help protect against overdrafts?
- Will I be notified before every SmartDeposit transaction?
- How low can I set my maximum bank balance?
- How do I turn off SmartDeposit?
- How is SmartDeposit different than auto-deposits?
- What if I have large expenses, either expected or unexpected, in the future?
- What if my bank account balance changes?
- How often will Betterment view my bank account?