No. Betterment does not store your credentials. Our trusted partner for account aggregation protects the credentials using bank-level encryption both when transmitted and when stored.
Articles in this section
- How do I add an external account?
- Is it safe to sync my external accounts?
- Why am I not seeing all of the accounts in my login?
- Why am I having trouble logging in?
- Why is the balance not updating on my accounts on a regular basis? Can I manually update the accounts?
- How do I hide external accounts I do not want included in my net worth?
- How do I delete a synced external firm and its accounts?
- How do I sync an external account so that I get holistic savings and retirement advice?
- What do I do with my manually linked accounts after I sync my external accounts?
- How do you determine whether my external portfolios have high, medium or low fees?