No. Betterment does not store your credentials. Our trusted partner for account aggregation protects the credentials using bank-level encryption both when transmitted and when stored.
Articles in this section
- How do I add an external account?
- Is it safe to sync my external accounts?
- Why am I not seeing all of the accounts in my login?
- Why am I having trouble logging into my external accounts at Betterment?
- Why is the balance not updating on my accounts on a regular basis? Can I manually update the accounts?
- Deleting an external account (or firm) from my Betterment profile
- What do I do with my manually linked accounts after I sync my external accounts?
- How do you determine whether my external accounts have high, medium or low fees?
- When I sync a non-Betterment account, does Betterment store my username and password?
- Why is my password not working with my Capital One 360 account?