We assume a 3% inflation rate to show your retirement income in today’s dollars, based on the long-term average of US inflation. You can change this by clicking “Edit Assumptions” from the Projection page.
Articles in this section
- How to change your employer plan contributions for non-Betterment plans
- How can I contribute to retirement accounts for my spouse or partner?
- How does Betterment handle Substantially Equal Periodic Payments (SEPP)?
- How do you take inflation into account in the RetireGuide™ calculations?
- What returns do you assume in your RetireGuide™ calculations?
- Market interest rates are at historic lows right now, how do you account for this?
- RetireGuide™ Methodology
- About the RetireGuide™ graph
- In RetireGuide™, my recommended savings number is higher than I expected, why would that be?
- In RetireGuide™, my recommended savings number is lower than I expected, why would that be?