There are a number of assumptions for our retirement planning advice that you may want to review and/or modify. Your savings recommendation is based on the information about your existing investments and synced external accounts. Learn more about the assumptions for our retirement planning advice, and review the assumptions by selecting "Edit Assumptions" when reviewing the retirement advice in your Betterment account.
Articles in this section
- I’m having trouble syncing an external account. What steps should I take to self-correct?
- How do I move Betterment money to and from my Retirement Goal?
- How do I add an external account to my Retirement Goal?
- Should I do anything in response to the overall risk assessment in my Retirement Goal?
- Can I add a joint account or trust to my Retirement Goal?
- My Retirement Goal risk rating seems incorrect. How can I tell?
- What is a Retirement Goal at Betterment?
- How to change your employer plan contributions for non-Betterment plans
- How can I contribute to retirement accounts for my spouse or partner?
- How does Betterment handle Substantially Equal Periodic Payments (SEPP)?