You can edit the assumptions yourself by clicking “Edit Assumptions” from the Projection page of your plan. Social Security benefits, retirement age, and annual savings can be edited on the left side of the Projection page.
Articles in this section
- How to change your employer plan contributions for non-Betterment plans
- How can I contribute to retirement accounts for my spouse or partner?
- How does Betterment handle Substantially Equal Periodic Payments (SEPP)?
- How do you take inflation into account in the RetireGuide™ calculations?
- What returns do you assume in your RetireGuide™ calculations?
- Market interest rates are at historic lows right now, how do you account for this?
- RetireGuide™ Methodology
- About the RetireGuide™ graph
- In RetireGuide™, my recommended savings number is higher than I expected, why would that be?
- In RetireGuide™, my recommended savings number is lower than I expected, why would that be?