You can customize your automatic withdrawals to your own schedule, including frequency and day of the month or week. You can make changes or stop and start the payments on the Transfer tab. You can also take withdrawals manually, and you withdrawal advice will adjust accordingly.
Articles in this section
- How should I take withdrawals if I have both IRAs and taxable accounts?
- Can I have taxes on my IRA distributions withheld?
- Can you send me my Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs)?
- Why would my dividends re-invest if I'm taking withdrawals?
- What if I know that I’m going to be spending less during certain months, and more during others (because of travel, the holidays, etc.). Can I adjust my withdrawal rate from month to month or season to season?
- Given that my withdrawals will likely change from year to year, how do I plan to cover my expenses? What if my expenses rise next year?
- What if I want to plan to leave investments to my heirs?
- I'd like to just "live off the gains" and not use my principal. Is that possible?
- About our "monthly safe withdrawal" advice
- Can I get income from multiple accounts?