When dividends are paid, it may take two or three days for the reinvestment in your account to complete. Dividend reinvestment trades are displayed on your Activity page on the date the transaction completes. However, dividends are reported on your tax forms on the date they were paid, which will be several days prior to the date of reinvestment.
Articles in this section
- Why are there so many transactions on my 1099-B? How can I reconcile the transactions on my Activity tab with my 1099-B?
- Will I receive a 1099-R if I received an IRA Tax Statement?
- How tax-efficient is Betterment?
- What file formats do you offer for your tax forms?
- How does Betterment keep track of dividends, capital gains, and capital appreciation for tax purposes with shares being bought in fractional amounts?
- What do I need to know about importing my tax forms in TaxAct?
- What do I need to know about importing my tax forms in TurboTax?
- What do I need to know about importing my tax forms in HR Block?
- Why are the sales proceeds and/or cost basis so high on my 1099-B?
- How tax efficient is Betterment?