When dividends are paid, it may take two or three days for the reinvestment in your account to complete. Dividend reinvestment trades are displayed on your Activity page on the date the transaction completes. However, dividends are reported on your tax forms on the date they were paid, which will be several days prior to the date of reinvestment.
Articles in this section
- Will I receive tax forms from Betterment?
- Do I need to file the forms I’ve received from Betterment?
- How do taxes work with Betterment?
- Where do I find my cost basis information or access my realized gains?
- What is foreign-sourced income? How do I calculate it?
- How can I calculate my state-specific municipal bond ETF interest?
- How do I interpret the information on my 1099-DIV?
- Why are the dates shown for dividends on my Activity page different than the pay dates on my 1099-DIV?
- Why are the sales proceeds and/or cost basis so high on my 1099-B?
- How are joint accounts filed on tax forms?