The account holder that opened the joint account and sent the invitation to the secondary account holder is designated as the primary account holder. To see who the primary account holder is, view your joint account settings.
Articles in this section
- What is a joint account?
- Can I have Tax Loss Harvesting+ turned on if I have a joint account?
- With whom can I create a joint account?
- What happens to funds in a joint account if I close the account?
- Can I have an IRA in a joint account?
- Can I change the ownership of my joint account?
- What types of joint accounts does Betterment support?
- What is the difference between a joint account and having a beneficiary?
- How can I tell who the primary account holder is for our joint account?
- How can I close a joint account?