Please click here to be taken straight to the section of the comprehensive article that addresses this question.
Articles in this section
- What is foreign-sourced income? How do I calculate it?
- What is US Government interest income? How do I calculate it?
- How can I calculate my state-specific municipal bond ETF interest?
- Do I need to file the forms I’ve received from Betterment?
- How do taxes work with Betterment?
- Will I receive tax forms from Betterment?
- Where do I find my cost basis information or access my realized gains?
- How do I interpret the information on my 1099-DIV?
- Why are the dates shown for dividends on my Activity page different than the pay dates on my 1099-DIV?
- Why are the sales proceeds and/or cost basis so high on my 1099-B?