If you leave your current employer, you have a choices as far as what you can do with your accrued 401(k) benefit. One choice is to leave your 401(k) assets in your account with your former employer. Another option is to roll over your deferred contributions as well as vested employer match contributions into your new employer’s 401(k) plan or an IRA. You can contact our Customer Success team at email@example.com to learn more.
Articles in this section
- What’s a QDRO?
- How and when can I withdraw funds from my 401(k) account?
- What is an in-service distribution?
- How do I change the amount of my paycheck, or deferral, that I contribute to my 401(k)?
- What are the fees associated with my Betterment for Business 401(k) account?
- What are “catch-up” contributions?
- What is automatic enrollment?
- What is a 401(k) plan?
- What is a required minimum distribution?
- What is a hardship withdrawal?