To turn on Tax Loss Harvesting+, first log in to your Betterment account. On the Summary tab, click “Get Started” in the Tax Loss Harvesting+ part of the overview section. As part of the enablement process, you will answer a couple questions to ensure you are eligible. Once you have enabled TLH+, it can take up to one business day for your portfolio to transition and for harvest checks to begin.
Articles in this section
- What is tax loss harvesting (TLH+)?
- How is Tax Loss Harvesting+ better than services offered by competitors?
- Can I do tax loss harvesting myself?
- What is a switchback?
- Will TLH+ automatically be enabled in my account?
- Can I turn TLH+ on for some goals but not others?
- Does Tax Loss Harvesting+ work with my Betterment IRA?
- How does TLH+ work when I have multiple goals?
- How can I transition other investments to Betterment in order to use Tax Loss Harvesting+?
- Where can I see what funds I am invested in if I am using Tax Loss Harvesting+?