It would be virtually impossible for an individual to replicate the precision and harvesting frequency we deploy for customers at Betterment. Our algorithms work across multiple accounts and regularly scans for harvesting opportunities—along with sophisticated accounting—using complex logic to determine an optimal potential tax outcome for the customer.
Articles in this section
- Setting up Tax Loss Harvesting+ across spouses
- What is a wash sale? How does it affect me?
- Can I do tax loss harvesting myself?
- What is cash drag?
- What is a switchback?
- What is tax alpha?
- How will Tax Loss Harvesting+ affect my tax returns?
- Can I turn on Tax Loss Harvesting+ if I am invested in a Target Date Fund?
- How is Tax Loss Harvesting+ better than services offered by competitors?
- What are the other ways Betterment makes my investments more tax efficient?