It would be virtually impossible for an individual to replicate the precision and harvesting frequency we deploy for customers at Betterment. Our algorithms work across multiple accounts and regularly scans for harvesting opportunities—along with sophisticated accounting—using complex logic to determine an optimal potential tax outcome for the customer.
Articles in this section
- What is tax loss harvesting (TLH+)?
- How is Tax Loss Harvesting+ better than services offered by competitors?
- Can I do tax loss harvesting myself?
- What is a switchback?
- Will TLH+ automatically be enabled in my account?
- Can I turn TLH+ on for some goals but not others?
- Does Tax Loss Harvesting+ work with my Betterment IRA?
- How does TLH+ work when I have multiple goals?
- How can I transition other investments to Betterment in order to use Tax Loss Harvesting+?
- Where can I see what funds I am invested in if I am using Tax Loss Harvesting+?