No. Betterment does not support SEP IRA plans with more than one participant. Our SEP IRA is great for freelancers or small-business owners with no other employees participating in the plan. SEP IRAs can typically be used by small-business owners to provide retirement benefits to employees, and we are working to provide this capability in the future. If you plan to hire additional employees, please contact your tax advisor.
Articles in this section
- How long will it take for my SEP IRA to transfer to Betterment?
- What's the difference between a SEP IRA and a traditional or Roth IRA?
- Can I contribute to a SEP IRA and a traditional or Roth IRA?
- What forms do I need to fill out to get started with my SEP IRA?
- Can I have more than one participant in my Betterment SEP IRA?
- How much can I contribute to a Betterment SEP IRA?
- What tax forms will I receive from Betterment for my SEP IRA at the end of the year?
- What is a Simplified Employee Pension IRA (SEP IRA)?