No, per your customer agreement, Betterment does not currently withhold taxes from distributions. You will need to figure your taxes separately and ensure you are making any required payments to the IRS. We recommend speaking with your tax advisor if you are unsure how to meet the IRS requirements.
Articles in this section
- Can I have taxes on my IRA distributions withheld?
- Can you send me my Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs)?
- What if I want to plan to leave investments to my heirs?
- I'd like to just "live off the gains" and not use my principal. Is that possible?
- Overview of Income Advice on Betterment Retirement Goals
- Can I get income from multiple accounts?
- How much do Betterment’s Retirement Income features cost?
- How do I add a retirement income goal?