If you close your joint account, the investments will be liquidated and the funds will be deposited into the checking account that is linked to the account.
Articles in this section
- What is a joint account?
- Can I have Tax Loss Harvesting+ turned on if I have a joint account?
- With whom can I create a joint account?
- What happens to funds in a joint account if I close the account?
- Can I have an IRA in a joint account?
- Can I change the ownership of my joint account?
- What types of joint accounts does Betterment support?
- What is the difference between a joint account and having a beneficiary?
- How can I tell who the primary account holder is for our joint account?
- How can I close a joint account?