Making sure your goal(s) continue to reflect your specific investment objective(s) over time is important. To ensure your goals are set up properly, we encourage you to review our resource surrounding how to use investment goals at Betterment.
When ready to modify any goal, you must be logged in from a web browser. Select the specific goal from the menu then click "Plan". You'll see an option to "Edit" along the right of the page.
You can change the following properties of any goal:
- Goal name: what you choose to call a goal (Note: You cannot edit the name of an IRA).
- Goal type: the purpose of your goal (We provide five different categories to choose from).
- Goal term: the amount of time until you expect to use the funds.
- Target amount: how much you’d like to have saved by the end of the term.
- Target allocation: your personalized ratio of stocks and bonds.