You will receive a 1099-B corresponding to any tax loss harvests that occur in your account during the year (as harvests involve a sale in order to realize a loss). This is in addition to non-TLH related investment sales generally (e.g. money withdrawals, allocation changes, or portfolio rebalances).
Articles in this section
- What is tax loss harvesting (TLH+)?
- How is Tax Loss Harvesting+ better than services offered by competitors?
- Can I do tax loss harvesting myself?
- What is a switchback?
- Will TLH+ automatically be enabled in my account?
- Can I turn TLH+ on for some goals but not others?
- Does Tax Loss Harvesting+ work with my Betterment IRA?
- How does TLH+ work when I have multiple goals?
- How can I transition other investments to Betterment in order to use Tax Loss Harvesting+?
- Where can I see what funds I am invested in if I am using Tax Loss Harvesting+?