You will receive a 1099-B corresponding to any tax loss harvests that occur in your account during the year (as harvests involve a sale in order to realize a loss). This is in addition to non-TLH related investment sales generally (e.g. money withdrawals, allocation changes, or portfolio rebalances).
Articles in this section
- Setting up Tax Loss Harvesting+ across spouses
- What is a wash sale? How does it affect me?
- Can I do tax loss harvesting myself?
- What is cash drag?
- What is a switchback?
- What is tax alpha?
- How will Tax Loss Harvesting+ affect my tax returns?
- Can I turn on Tax Loss Harvesting+ if I am invested in a Target Date Fund?
- How is Tax Loss Harvesting+ better than services offered by competitors?
- What are the other ways Betterment makes my investments more tax efficient?