If you already have TLH+ turned on, you'll need to turn it off and set it up again to include your spouse. First, click “Manage” in the “Tax Losses Harvested” box at the top of your Summary page. When you get to the Settings page, click “On” in the TLH+ column. Then click “Disable” to confirm. Now, go back to your Summary page and follow the steps below.If you don’t have TLH+ turned on, click “Set Up” in the “Tax Losses Harvested” box at the top of the page. This will walk you through the Tax Loss Harvesting setup including adding a spouse. You will need to verify your spouse’s email address and Social Security number to coordinate TLH+ across all of your accounts.
Articles in this section
- What is tax loss harvesting (TLH+)?
- How is Tax Loss Harvesting+ better than services offered by competitors?
- Can I do tax loss harvesting myself?
- What is a switchback?
- Will TLH+ automatically be enabled in my account?
- Can I turn TLH+ on for some goals but not others?
- Does Tax Loss Harvesting+ work with my Betterment IRA?
- How does TLH+ work when I have multiple goals?
- How can I transition other investments to Betterment in order to use Tax Loss Harvesting+?
- Where can I see what funds I am invested in if I am using Tax Loss Harvesting+?