If you already have TLH+ turned on, you'll need to turn it off and set it up again to include your spouse. First, click “Manage” in the “Tax Losses Harvested” box at the top of your Summary page. When you get to the Settings page, click “On” in the TLH+ column. Then click “Disable” to confirm. Now, go back to your Summary page and follow the steps below.If you don’t have TLH+ turned on, click “Set Up” in the “Tax Losses Harvested” box at the top of the page. This will walk you through the Tax Loss Harvesting setup including adding a spouse. You will need to verify your spouse’s email address and Social Security number to coordinate TLH+ across all of your accounts.
Articles in this section
- How do I set up Tax Loss Harvesting+ across my spouse’s and my account?
- What is a wash sale? How does it affect me?
- Can I do tax loss harvesting myself?
- What is cash drag?
- What is a switchback?
- What is tax alpha?
- How will Tax Loss Harvesting+ affect my tax returns?
- Can I turn on Tax Loss Harvesting+ if I am invested in a Target Date Fund?
- How is Tax Loss Harvesting+ better than services offered by competitors?
- What are the other ways Betterment makes my investments more tax efficient?